Church of the Ascension
The church was built in the 12th Century, originally as a private chapel. In 1665, no longer used as a place of worship, it found employment as a barn, but some of its treasures: chancel and pulpit, remained in situ. In 1862 Lord Ellenborough restored it as a private chapel. In 1946 it reverted to the Diocese of Gloucester as a chapel of ease within the parish of Bishop's Cleeve. Finally on Ascension Eve in 1957 it became Southam's church and was reconsecrated as the Church of the Ascension, to take its place as daughter church of St. Michael and All Angels in the Parish of Bishop's Cleeve.
Everyone is welcome at our Services
The church wardens can be contacted by e-mail